Pirastro Oliv violin strings have a sheep gut core, which is hand wound. The strings have a fascinating variety of timbres, which offers the violinist opportunities to explore the boundaries of the timbre spectrum. With the right bowing technique, the strings produce a full, warm, brilliant, powerful and beautiful sound and are very quickly stable and easy to tune. The following versions are available, in five (3, 4 or 5) string tensions:
- E string : gold steel ball-end or loop-end (string tension soft. medium & strong)
- A string : gut core with aluminum winding (string tension 13 1/4, 13 1/2-medium, 13 3/4 or 14)
- D string : gut core with gold/alu winding (string tension 16 1/4, 16 1/2, 16 3/4-medium or 17)
- D string : gut core with silver winding (string tension 13 1/2, 13 3/4-medium, 14 or 14 1/4)
- G string : gut core with gold/silver winding (string tension 15 1/4, 15 1/2, 15 3/4-medium, 16 or 16 1/4)
The medium set comes with a D string gold/alu.
Click here for the datasheet of Pirastro Oliv violin strings.