The new Larsen Strings Il Cannone cello strings are seen by Larsen as a next step in the development of cello strings. Available in two variants, Direct & Focused and Warm & Broad, with all eight strings being mutually compatible and fully interchangeable. Larsen has provided a toolbox of options to choose from to optimize your individual tone (see below ). An important element of the development process is the collaboration with musicians, one on one, in testing the string prototypes. The answers and insights gained directly influence the formulation of new designs. Well-known cellists such as Sheku Kanneh-Mason, Nicolas Altstaedt, Narek, Nakhnazaryan and Jian Wang are currently performing with Il Cannone cello strings. During their own personal workshops, they found their ideal string among the same selection that is now available to the customer. The cellist can adjust and control the tone of his/her instrument in a way that is easy to predict. The sound can be mixed with an Il Cannone string combination , as all options are of similar moderate tension and designed to complement each other.
String details: Both the C and G strings have steel ropecore core and tungsten windings, while both D and the 'warm and wide' A have solid steel cores with stainless steel windings. The 'direct and focused' A string uses a unique material that is currently being patented.
Proposed test protocol (prepared by Larsen):
- Remove the C with your existing string.
- Add the Direct & Focused Il Cannone C and listen .
- How has the sound changed?
- Replace the C with the Warm & Broad option .
- Again, how has the sound changed?
- Which C option is your favourite?
- From the lowest to the highest string, replace the G and C strings
- Finally, experiment with the two available A variants and combine with the other C until you are completely satisfied with the sound. -
for the datasheet of Larsen Il Cannonne cello strings.