On February 23, 2021, Thomastik-Infeld in Vienna-Austria presented a new generation of strings, namely DOMINANT PRO . The Dominant PRO strings are a logical continuation and refinement of the well-known Dominant strings and are ideally suited for chamber musicians, soloists and orchestral musicians.
The main features, according to Thomastik, are:
- Powerful tonal character
- High resistance to bow pressure
- Exceptionally powerful, good balance between brilliant and warm sound
- High level of dynamics suitable for solo playing
- Easy approachability
- Permanent support of the appearance of the instrument
- A wall-to-wall range of sound colours
The following strings comprise the Dominant Pro range (E strings ball/loop-end, rest ball-end):
- E string DP01 with tinned carbon steel core
- E string DP01AU with gold-plated stainless steel core
- E string DP01PT with platinum plated stainless steel core
- E string DP01SN with tinned carbon steel core (slightly lower string tension)
- A string DP02 with synthetic core and aluminum winding (in set)
- A string DP02B with carbon steel core and chrome winding
- D string DP03 with synthetic core and aluminum winding
- D string DP03A with synthetic core and silver winding (in set)
- G string DP04 with synthetic core and silver winding
The best place to learn all about Thomastik-Infeld 's new strings is www.dominantpro.com!
Here you will find detailed information, descriptions and reviews of the set
D P100, as well as the strings of dominant pro's extended line. Also available is a comparison tool to understand the differences of all DOMINANT
including the differences and similarities of DOMINANT and DOMINANT PRO.
All well and good, but the best thing to do is just try it yourself on your own instrument!